One of our most rewarding projects in 2022 was creating a short video series for our client Amir Tal. The process confirmed that this type of work really plays to our strengths and adds real value to our clients.
“I did a 6 part video series with DAPPER. The shoot day was fun, friendly and I found my rhythm quickly getting filmed for the very first time. And I really love what it did for my personal brand. Great product Emma, Lindsay and team!”
– Amir Tal | Kimbo
Curious to find out more? Read on for the full story…
At DAPPER, we believe that your story deserves to be articulated in its most authentic form – with care, consideration, and using a form of storytelling that feels right for your personal brand. For some of you reading this, it may be short-form articles and 1-on-1 conversations; for others it may be video content or keynote talks. There is no singular right answer, so we’re here to guide you through the process and support you to craft content with confidence, and hopefully have some fun whilst doing it.
OUR PROCESS | The DAPPER Approach to Videography
Once we’ve created your DAPPER Book, or taken you through the Digital Brand Kit process, we’ll have a good sense of how and why you want to share your story. If video is the format that best fits your voice and style of connecting with others online to tell your story:
- We work with you to craft content pillars that align with your values, areas of expertise, and way of showing up in the world. These themes or buckets become the foundation for what you talk about in your video content, as well as across all online platforms – to weave a consistent narrative and voice of authority.
- We brainstorm topics to cover in the videos, making sure they align to your overarching objective, and the direction you’re moving in.
- In line with your brand aesthetic, we find examples that illustrate your creative inclinations. We then map out how this creative vein will flow throughout your video content.
- Now the fun begins. We do all the camerawork while you do the talking. Showing up in the world and telling your story need not be an uncomfortable or awkward task, and we’re here to make sure you’re at ease and your most authentic self.
- Finally, we take a deep dive. We do the edits, revisions, amendments to ensure you show up in your best light. From first-class visual designs to professional sound modifications, your video series will capture the essence of your personal brand.
Some believe that a picture can tell a thousand words, but a few words can change its story. This is at the heart of our video production offering – to really harness the art of storytelling.
THE WHY | Why is this relevant?
The rise of online video content has created a prime opportunity for individuals to use video to effectively convey their personal brand stories to a wider audience. It’s also increasingly relevant if you want to stand out from AI generated written and animated content.
And it’s no secret that video content is leading the way when it comes to popularity and engagement. YouTube has over 1 billion users, and the number of TikTok and Instagram users continue to rise too.
Still not sold? Here are some statistics that demonstrate the value of video:
- According to Vidyard, 98% of marketers agree that video converts as well or better than other types of content
- People are over 27 times more likely to click on an online video ad than a static banner ad states Natalie Steers from MyCustomer
- According to Revive Social, tweets with videos are 6x more likely to be shared than those with images, those with images are 150% times more likely to be shared than written tweets
- Your brain can also process visuals a thousand times faster than it can text as stated by the Massachusetts Instiution of Technology
- According to an article by MarketingProfs, the average user spends 88% more time on a website with video than a website without one